The 2015 Michigan Broadband Conference
As a small business owner with a background in business planning through the MI-SBDC (Michigan Small Business Development Center), I am very honored to be participating in the 2015 Michigan Broadband Conference.
How do you connect with your customers and clients? More and more, Michigan small businesses are connecting with their clients through a commercial website or social media. In some cases, the online presence has completely replaced the traditional brick and mortar locations. This panel will highlight online efforts to improve the online presence of Michigan small businesses and how your community or organization can help.
Breakout Session: Session 1 (10:00 am)
Room: Room 103-104
Moderator: Dan Manning, Connect Michigan
* Caralee Swanberg, Lake Superior Community Partnership
* Anthony Fox, Mid Michigan Community College, Michigan-SBDC
* Nancy Johnson, Social Eyes on Business
“Every Michigan Small Business is able to be online with a PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE because of new technology and resources available to coach Michigan small business owners in creating a message that resonates.
The best SEO practice is to have a website kept up to date with new and compelling content.” Nancy Johnson, Social Eyes on Business
Nancy Johnson, President
Social Eyes on Business
Below are details about the entire conference
Connect Michigan is excited to be hosting the 2015 Michigan Broadband Conference on Tuesday, October 20th at the Lansing Center in Lansing, Michigan.
The Michigan Broadband Conference is designed with you in mind. Content and speakers are geared to Michigan’s community leaders from all sectors and provide information and best practices for expanding broadband and technology access, adoption, and use and propelling Michigan to the forefront of the digital economy. Broadband is essential for Michigan communities to thrive, and you can contribute to its expansion by arming yourself and your community with the latest information and connections to resources.
To register for the conference, visit: http://www.connectmi.org/broadband-summit.
This year’s conference will feature the following keynote presentations:
· Jay Elliot, technology executive and best-selling author of The Steve Jobs Way and Leading Apple with Steve Jobs, and
· Matthew DelNero, Chief of the Federal Communications Commission’s Wireline Competition Bureau.
The conference has something for everyone. Breakout sessions this year include:
· Broadband 101
· Community Driven Digital Literacy
· Cybersecurity Across Your Community
· Decreasing the Digital Divide Among Older Adults
· Expanded Educational Opportunities via Technology
· Improving the Online Presence of Michigan’s Small Businesses
· Innovative Solutions for Rural Connectivity
· Michigan’s Mobile Industry – Driving Development
· Talent and Workforce Development
· Technology in Tourism
· The 21st Century Library
· Ultra-High-Speed Connections in Michigan’s Small Towns
Join us for another great event. See you at the 2015 Michigan Broadband Conference!